Only a few weeks back I was soaking the cool breeze and long walks, knowing all too well that this would soon be in the past. And yes rightly so, the coolness of the weather has suddenly transformed to blazing sunshine and soaring temperatures. Yes the summers are here. I know for many places its been there for a while too long. But in Bahrain its just started to stay indoors and to devise ways to beat the heat.
Even the thought of summers revokes all the childhood memories of long summer vacations. Of mangoes and lemonades. Of kulfi and ice creams. Of long days and fruity desserts. And I guess these associations will remain forever, however older we might get or wherever we might stay.
So when on my birthday on 1st May, few friends were coming over to celebrate, I just had to mix my favorite raspberry with the ever so trustworthy lemon to create a fruity refreshing cooler. And few sprigs of mint just adds to the freshness...but for me the lovely color itself was mood uplifter.
Raspberry Lemon Cooler Recipe
(This is the way I made it. But you can simply adapt it to your tastebuds)
Raspberry - 1 can with syrup (300 gms)
Lemon - 2
Mint - Few sprigs
Sugar - 2/3 tbsp (Adjust as per the sweetness of berries and your liking)
Soda - 200 ml
- Take a jar and invert all the syrup of the can.
- Now take a saucepan and spoon the raspberries and juice of 2 lemons and chopped mint. Add sugar and bring the mixture to a boil. Then let it simmer, while mashing the berries to release maximum juices. After 2-3 mins, remove from heat and let it cool.
- Strain the syrup if too pulpy and add to the raspberry juice. Add about 1/4 cup chilled water to make a cocktail consistency. Now refrigerate the drink till serving.
- Take a tall glass. Keep powdered sugar in a bowl. Rub the rim of the glass with the slice of lemon and then rotate it in the sugar to coat it all over.
- Put few ice cubes in the glass. Now pour around 50 ml of soda in each glass. Top it with the chilled drink.
- Garnish with mint or lemon slices and serve cold.
Reposting for events: Here are a few of my favorite summer recipes from my blog...I'm sure you will love them too!
So what are your favorite summer memories and recipes? Would love to hear about them. Sharing these fruity delights and summer coolers with Cool summer sips event hosted by Jyoti, Bon vivant-4-fruits hosted by Sumee, Kids delight-fruits hosted by UK Rasoi, Mango Mania 99 hosted by Pumpkin Farm and Lets cook with fruits hosted by Radhika.